Friday 5 September 2014

2014 State Fair Quilt Challenge



We only had a few hours Thursday to get to the fair, see how this year’s quilt did, and grab a fat quarter for next year’s challenge. It might have taken less time if I drove, but I hate driving and love the train. I pushed Heather’s wheelchair to the first entrance, but the fellow there couldn’t sell me tickets. Neither could the lady at the second entrance. We were finally admitted at the third gate and made a beeline to the Zion building where home arts are displayed. We found a group of annoyed quilters waiting outside because they weren't ready to open the doors. As we waited (30 minutes!), I peeked through the windows and saw several quilts much more impressive than mine with no ribbons at all. My heart just sank. Imagine my surprise when they finally let us in to see my quilt wearing a red ribbon! Second place! I probably don’t deserve it. I don’t care.

No comments:

Post a Comment